Bow Valley College owns the intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, and proprietary rights, for and to the centre.bowvalleycollege.ca website and its content, including but not limited to text, photographs, video, audio and graphics, or has acquired permission to display materials on the centre.bowvalleycollege.ca website. Any unauthorized downloading, retransmission, reproduction, re-dissemination or other copying or modifications of trademarks and /or the contents of the Bow Valley College website without prior written consent of Bow Valley College is strictly prohibited.
Non-Commercial or Educational Reproduction
As a user, you are granted the permission to print and copy information on the Bow Valley College website for your own personal, non-commercial and educational use. You must not modify or alter the material in any way. Any other use is prohibited. Users must exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials. If you use the Bow Valley College website information, you must keep all copyright, trademark and other propriety notices and you must explicitly acknowledge Bow Valley College as the sole owner of such information. Bow Valley College must be identified as the source of the materials. Non-commercial or educational reproduction does not imply that Bow Valley College endorses the work of the user.
Third Party Website Links
The content and documents posted on this Bow Valley College website contain hypertext links to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links are provided for the user’s convenience. Bow Valley College does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of this outside information. It does not recommend any specific sites for any particular purposes. Additionally, Bow Valley College in no way endorses any products or services which may be advertised on those websites.
To access membership features of this website, users will have to create a User Account. When you create your account, you must provide accurate information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account. You should keep your password secure.
Notify Bow Valley College immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Bow Valley College will not be liable for your losses or damages to You or any third party caused by any unauthorized use of Your account
Community Features of the website may include User Profiles, Workshops and webinars, Conferencing (Online meetings/presentations with audio/video), Discussion Forums, and Blog Comments. Discussion Forums and Workshop and Blog commenting include both General Forums, open to all Users, and Special Interest Groups, open to group members only.
Communications and Customer Service
We may send new Users one or more welcoming emails to verify password and username, and other useful information aimed at helping new Users use the Community Features.
By registering for a workshop or a webinar on the CEIIA website, you will need to give consent to receive email notifications from the CEIIA about the workshop or webinar. Users may also occasionally receive emails that include information about User membership, updates to the CEIIA website, and upcoming events, workshops, webinars, and stories related to the CEIIA.
Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information
If a User's personally identifiable information changes (such as email) or if a User no longer desires to have a User Profile, We provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate Users' personally identifiable information.
Code of Conduct
Users are responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, comments, materials, links, or other user-generated resources posted in the CEIIA blog and workshop pages. By making content available, you represent and warrant that:
- The downloading, copying and use of the content will not breach the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- It is your responsibility to ensure that user content posted to the Bow Valley College website will not breach the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- In posting material to the website, you are granting permission for Bow Valley College website users to copy and use materials for educational purposes.
- You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- The content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, or other harmful or destructive content;
- The content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing).
While users are encouraged to form an open dialogue with all users; harassment, profanity, and inappropriate conversations, content & links will be immediately removed at the administrator’s discretion. Users actively engaged in inappropriate activities on the Bow Valley College website may be blocked without notice.
Bow Valley College disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from visiting the website, or from any downloading any content on the website.
Bow Valley College reserves the right to modify, replace, or remove any content posted on the website.
By using and/or visiting this website, you signify your assent to the terms and conditions laid out in the User Code of Conduct.
For inquires, contact:
Bow Valley College, Copyright Office
345 - 6 Avenue SE
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2G 4V1