An online ESL Literacy resource room
Explore the ESL Literacy Network's most popular resources, find valuable materials to use in your classroom and program, and discover new tools to enrich your practice.
This collection of Bow Valley College created resources and tools will help enhance your understanding of ESL Literacy and assist you in program development and classroom instruction.
All of the resources are free of charge, easy to download, and viewable online.
Visit the ESL Literacy Network.
What Members Say
- I have been looking for helpful, concise information about program development, and your information has been by far the most useful.ESL Program Director
- The ESL Literacy Network provided me with theoretical information I needed, so now I have a better understanding of literacy learners specific needs and how to support them.ESL Literacy instructor
- I developed a curriculum for my program and without these resources on the ESL Literacy Network, I would have been lost.Curriculum developer
- June 14, 2017
This tool is designed for ELL practitioners working with refugee learners and includes:
- information on the impact of trauma on learning
- tips for creating a supportive and safe classroom environment
- effective teaching strategies and approaches suitable for different levels and groups of learners